By Nicole Hennig
How can your library—and your patrons—benefit from cellular apps? This guidebook bargains a pretty good beginning in "app-literacy," providing librarians with the information to study and suggest apps, provide workshops, and turn into the app professional for his or her communities.
• Describes crucial, top quality cellular apps in particular subject components of curiosity to librarians
• offers examples of the way those apps are priceless for schooling, creativity, and productiveness for all sorts of clients, together with people with certain needs
• provides an in depth list of what info to incorporate whilst reviewing apps
• contains an in depth source consultant to books, blogs, web content, classes, and different assets for maintaining with cellular apps
• presents notes on app performance, gains, cost, and developer in addition to any pertinent boundaries
Read or Download Apps for Librarians: Using the Best Mobile Technology to Educate, Create, and Engage PDF
Similar library & information science books
From his earliest analyzing stories in wartime Britain via 5 many years of librarianship, eminent librarian and previous ALA President Michael Gorman deals insights from his impressive profession during this new memoir. Gorman relates his own trip in prose that's through turns fascinating, opinioned, and revealing.
Library specialists deal with the expanding importance of reference companies and the expanding desire for overview of these providers to additional be sure professionalism and efficiency.
The library and knowledge occupation builds talents and services that hide a large spectrum. those talents are usually fascinating in different fields and industries. Likewise, the talents we construct prior to getting into the library and data professions will help us as execs. talents to Make a Librarian appears at each side of this equation via a suite of essays through present and previous librarians and knowledge execs who utilize this wide variety of move disciplinary talents.
Millions of e-books are released every year; and instead of maintaining regular, book costs are emerging a few three. five% this 12 months by myself. With such a lot of titles in the market, how are you aware which of them will truly move? Demand-driven acquisition (DDA) could be the resolution in your library, and getting began needn t be daunting.
- Effective Approaches for Managing Electronic Records and Archives
- Understanding Stepfamilies: Their Structure and Dynamics (Also Pub As Journal of Divorce & Remarriage, Vol 24, Nos 1/2, 1995)
- Oclc 1967:1997: Thirty Years of Furthering Access to the World's Information
- Basics of Law Librarianship (Haworth Series in Special Librarianship)
- Cost Analysis, Cost Recovery, Marketing and Fee-Based Services: A Guide for the Health Sciences Librarian (Medical Reference Services Quarterly)
Additional resources for Apps for Librarians: Using the Best Mobile Technology to Educate, Create, and Engage